Woodmancote Church building

Woodmancote Church, earlier known as a Chapel, was erected in October 1892 from a corrugated iron ‘flat pack’ known affectionately as a ‘tin tabernacle’. It is the oldest of only two active Anglican ‘tin tabernacles’ still being used for divine service in Sussex and the fourth oldest in the UK. 

It was licensed for worship in 1928. In 2012, it celebrated its 120th anniversary. 

Woodmancote Church does not have disabled access, water supply nor a toilet. It does have electric light and heat.

125th anniversary and renovation plan

2017 was the 125th anniversary of Woodmancote Church. In addition to celebrating this anniversary, a special appeal raised funds towards the expenses of upkeep and improvement of the building.

Watch the video of what has been achieved, the community involvement and how you can take part in its future. 

Direct link to watch the video on the parish's channel on YouTube or click on the play button (triangle) on the video player below. 

 

Watch Elizabeth's video on the Woodmancote Church 125th Anniversary Appeal

 

The Woodmancote Church 125th Anniversary Appeal (pdf file)


Printer Printable Version